Sunday, October 26, 2008

inanimate objects have feelings too

i am watching TV and a commercial for Smirnoff just proclaimed itself to be "James Bond's Vodka". This was followed by a commercial for Indiana Jones. What is it with Prime Time Sunday Night TV on USA and appealing to the older Action-Adventure fan base?

Would 007 and Indiana Jones get along? Would they battle? Who would win? I totally put my money on Bond, James Bond.

Meanwhile I am watching (aka nurturing my crush on) House. He is wonderful, isn't he?

Yes, that show is incredibly formulaic. Yes, every episode is an argument between him and his various team members: he's wrong, he's right, oh, wait, he's wrong again. Trauma, lecture, witty flirtation with Cuddy to try and get his way, experimental cure enacted, crash, trauma, simple solution discovered. all is well. Yes, that's how it always goes but No, that does not make it any less fabulous to watch. In fact, somehow it is even better because I look forward to that rise and fall through each hour that I watch it. It is fantastic and I love it.

but i do like that not everyone lives, not all of the relationships end up happy and that there are characters that are so real.

My birthday is tomorrow. I feel old but I am trying to talk myself out of it by wondering what I will feel like in ten years from now when I am still well under 40. It doesn't make me feel better. Nor does Ryan wishing me a happy 23rd birthday over and over again even though I will be turning 26. Ryan knows that my internal age right now is 23 and that I would love to forever be 23. He is sweet, but I am not 23, I will be 26 and therefore I want to try somehow to learn to accept that.

Maybe I will make a list of 26 reasons to be happy about being 26. But I don't have to do that until tomorrow so it's OK.

For now, I am 25, so I will watch House and rejoice in the comfort in it. I will tune out the James Bond commercials to the best of my ability and I will stay up late (like young people do) hanging out online with my friends and my blogs and I will thoroughly not worry about feeling old and instead will focus on being young.

For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment